1. OBJECTIVE - Direct every military operation toward a clearly defined, decisive, and attainable objective.
2. OFFENSIVE - Seize, retain, and exploit the initiative.
3. MASS - Concentrate the effects of combat power at the decisive place and time.
4. ECONOMY OF FORCE - Allocate minimum essential combat power to secondary efforts.
5. MANEUVER - Place the enemy in a disadvantageous position through the flexible application of combat power.
6. UNITY OF COMMAND - For every objective, ensure unity of effort under one responsible commander.
7. SECURITY - Never permit the enemy to acquire an unexpected advantage.
8. SURPRISE - Strike the enemy at a time or place or in a manner for which he is unprepared.
9. SIMPLICITY - Prepare clear, uncomplicated plans and clear, concise orders to ensure thorough understanding.