Fighting Position Considerations:
• Make maximum use of available cover and concealment.
• Avoid firing over cover; when possible, fire around it.
• Avoid silhouetting against light-colored buildings, the skyline, and so on.
• Carefully select a new fighting position before leaving an old one.
• Avoid setting a pattern. Fire from both barricaded and non-barricaded windows.
• Keep exposure time to a minimum.
• Begin improving your hasty position immediately after occupation.
• Use construction material that is readily available in an urban area.
• Remember: positions that provide cover at ground level may not provide cover on higher floors.