The following graph reflects the Percentage of U.S. households with one or more guns (Source: Gunpolicy.org).
Things you can do today.
1. Buy another handgun, rifle or pistol. Transfer a firearm to a law abiding family member who does not have one in their household.
2. Give ammunition and accessories as a holiday or birthday gift.
3. Know your elected representatives background. (For Example, Gov John Kasich voted for the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. One of only 46 republican members of congress to do so. Based on Ohio's continual morale decline it makes you wonder about the elected officials of that state.)
4. Join the NRA, or purchase an NRA membership for a family member.
5. Participate in a gun safety course and teach what you've learned to others.
6. Acquire a Conceal Carry Permit. Based on these numbers law enforcement needs assistance.
The following is the numerical equivalent of the attached graph for the Percentage of U.S. households with one or more guns (Souce: Gunpolicy.org).