The following is information about the LEVEL 1: Technician Class License from ARRL's website.
• Exam Requirement: 35-question Technician Written Exam (Element 2).
• Privileges: All VHF/UHF Amateur bands (frequencies above 30 MHz).
• Limited operations in certain HF bands.
• The FCC Technician License exam covers basic regulations, operating practices and electronics theory, with a focus on VHF and UHF applications. Morse code is not required for this license. With a Technician Class license, you will have all ham radio privileges above 30 MHz. These privileges include the very popular 2-meter band. Many Technician licensees enjoy using small (2 meter) hand-held radios to stay in touch with other hams in their area. Technicians may operate FM voice, digital packet (computers), television, single-sideband voice and several other interesting modes. You can even make international radio contacts via satellites, using relatively simple station equipment. Technician licensees now also have additional privileges on certain HF frequencies. Technicians may also operate on the 80, 40 and 15 meter bands using CW, and on the 10 meter band using CW, voice and digital modes.
Additional Test Resources:
1. Find a local test station in your area.
2. Test Summary sheets for the Technicians and General Exams.
3. Online exam practice tests.
4. ARRL Level 1: Technicians, Level 2: General, and Level 3: Extra Tests Study Guides (see below).
| || || |